Safe Deep Sea Fishing
While deep sea fishing can be a fun, exciting experience, it’s always a good idea to make sure you’re going to have a safe trip. Here are ten keys for safe deep sea fishing:
- Keep the deck clear. Be sure to stow away any of your belongings in a safe, out of the way location. You wouldn’t want yourself or someone else to trip over something and hurt themselves!
- Know where the life vests are. Before you embark on any boating adventure, make sure your captain tells you where you can find a life vest in the case of an emergency.
- Always listen to your captain. On the water, your captain is in charge. If there was an emergency, it is important that you stay calm and listen to them.
- Be careful around sharks. With deep sea fishing comes the potential to catch a lot of fish species, including sharks. In the event of you catching a shark, be extremely careful to stay away from its mouth in case it wants to bite you. Get the help of your captain to help you.
- Be prepared for seasickness. If you are prone to seasickness, take half of a Dramamine before you go to bed the night before your trip, and then the other half the morning you leave. If you still feel seasick on the boat, stare at the horizon to help you stop thinking about the motion of the boat.
- Wear sunscreen. You’re going to be out in the sun for a long period of time, so it’s a good idea to apply ample sunscreen so you don’t get sunburned.
- Dress appropriately. Since you’re going to be on the water and handling fish, wear clothes you wouldn’t mind getting wet and maybe a little dirty.
- Wear proper shoes. It’s going to be slippery and wet on the deck, so make sure your shoes will be able to handle the water.
- Drink plenty of water. You’re going to need to drink a ton of water while you’re on your trip. It’s going to be hot and humid and not only will water keep you refreshed, it will also keep you energetic and healthy.
- Have fun! Safety is very important to us at Fish the Wahoo, but we also want you to have fun! This fishing trip will be an experience you will never forget, but we want it to be because you had a great time, not because you got hurt!
Best Inshore Fishing in Charleston
Be sure to book your Inshore Fishing Charter from Fish the Wahoo early so you don’t miss out on this incredible and safe deep sea fishing trip! Book your trip online or call 704-999-6597 for any questions or concerns.